Summer Intern at Absolute Internship

Hong Kong Rest of the World
Business Intelligence Information Technology Internet/e-Commerce/New Media

7.7/10

Summer Intern from Absolute Internship with Carlton Mansfield Consultancy in which I wrote the company website, introduced proposals for marketing mobile phone app for the Hong Kong Jockey Club, compiled research analysis on mobile internet and social media industries, and updated investment templates on the latest industry-related M&As, IPOs, and funding deals in Asia.

The location was great, the office was warm and welcoming, and I learned a lot about the industry as a whole from my job.

It was a really small office, so I could contribute a lot. I made reports directly to the director, and they created new tasks for me and told me the company progressed a lot while I was there.

I was working under the CMO, who was really supprotive and great at explaining things, so I could learn quickly and assimilate well.

It depends on the week, but there were some days i would work overtime from 9-7 and other days where I could just research on my own.

I was able to do financial overviews and company reports of major companies in the industry, update their company blog with articles, and write descriptions for their new company website. I am also supposed to update the investment template on major fundings, IPOs, and M&As. Finally, I created some industry reports and press releases, contributing to the consultancy firm's data.

It introduced me to not only the tech industry in Asia but also possible career goals in either management consulting or financial M&As.

Everyone was very nice and friendly, and there were a couple of young employees who were very welcoming.

The company was relatively new, and the organization chart of the company was a bit complicated with many subsidiaries, so the organization was a bit messy. However, it was not

First year they had interns but were really enthusiastic in helping interns develop

I very much enjoyed my time; however, the company is still in its very early stages and very small in size.

Food is very very cheap and good, and there are many great restaurants and bars in the area that are chic and reasonably priced.

We were invited to a salon party, a hockey match, a match with the Hong Kong Jockey Club,