1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my job! I felt part of the team as soon as I joined! I was also presented with many oppertunities to expand my knowledge and experience whilst on placement. Overall, i couldn't have asked for a better job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was welcomed and valued by my team as soon as I started. I played a key and vital role in the team and was given and trusted with a lot of responsibility,
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly meetings with my manager so I was able to see my progress and raise any issues with him.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a varied job and my work load changed on a daily basis. I had different tasks and challenges everyday.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had a lot of responsibility and was trusted with numerous tasks and process. I had an important role to play in the running of my team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have become alot more confident whilst on placement, i have had to give numerous presentations to senior management and external customers, this will help me with my final years as a lot of my work is presentation based. I have also become more proefficient on Microsoft Office as well as various other software such as Seibel and Mind Manager.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office I worked in was open plan and everyone was friendly and approacable. There were no seperate offices for senior management, everyone was treated as equal.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The interns set up their own committee to arrange social and chairty events. My team had an excellemt programme in place for me.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had loads of extensive training on a range of different software and equipment. I was also paid to go abroad to meet my peers and fellow team members
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to go back and work for HP
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, there were over 60students also on placement. The social commitee organised many events where we could all get involved.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Alot more expensive than up north
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reading was rather quiet but close to London and other cities with universities
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Plenty to do such as cinema, skiing, drinking and eating. Trips to London.