Doing paint. Was responciable for alltogather Paint over.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the job as it gave me what I was looking for in a placement...insight into automotive industry and engineering, responsibility and meaningful engineering projects that benefited me and the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The engineers were a great bunch of lads who'd be willing to help whenever I needed it. A good vibe around the office and Paint in general.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had my own development plan which I reviewed with my management periodically. Lots of interaction between myself and higher management, including some tasks to complete.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I had a long project to complete with deadlines for completion so there was always something to do. Smaller tasks also helped the days pass quickly.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibility during my placement and a project that the engineers can refer to even after I've left.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I went on a number of training courses during the year. These will certainly be very helpful to my final year at uni and also in any future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A great atmosphere with the lads in the office. Be prepared to take and give some stick! :)
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
They placement-scheme was well thoughtout as they've been doing it a number of years.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I received good training and development to become a Toyota engineer, focussing on Quality, Cost and Safety.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If you apply yourself well and work hard you'll be recognised. I was offered a graduate position!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We kept in contact regularly with each other and arranged a number of events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Derby is fairly cheap to rent in, especially the student areas and a reasonable cost in general.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Derby isn't bad for nightlife. Something for everyone.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Didn't hear of anything from the company, but wthin the department and the other placement students, things were arranged.