Paint Engineer at Toyota Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd

Derby East Midlands
Automotive

7.1/10

6.7

Doing paint. Was responciable for alltogather Paint over.

I enjoyed the job as it gave me what I was looking for in a placement...insight into automotive industry and engineering, responsibility and meaningful engineering projects that benefited me and the company.

The engineers were a great bunch of lads who'd be willing to help whenever I needed it. A good vibe around the office and Paint in general.

I had my own development plan which I reviewed with my management periodically. Lots of interaction between myself and higher management, including some tasks to complete.

I had a long project to complete with deadlines for completion so there was always something to do. Smaller tasks also helped the days pass quickly.

I was given lots of responsibility during my placement and a project that the engineers can refer to even after I've left.

I went on a number of training courses during the year. These will certainly be very helpful to my final year at uni and also in any future career.

A great atmosphere with the lads in the office. Be prepared to take and give some stick! :)

They placement-scheme was well thoughtout as they've been doing it a number of years.

I received good training and development to become a Toyota engineer, focussing on Quality, Cost and Safety.

If you apply yourself well and work hard you'll be recognised. I was offered a graduate position!

We kept in contact regularly with each other and arranged a number of events.

Derby is fairly cheap to rent in, especially the student areas and a reasonable cost in general.

Derby isn't bad for nightlife. Something for everyone.

Didn't hear of anything from the company, but wthin the department and the other placement students, things were arranged.