Accounts Internship at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh, Scotland
Insurance

7.9/10

Assist in the preparation and communication of analysis and commentary to support, explain and challenge financial projections.

Assist in the analysis of business performance against plan/forecast.

Overall a fun 10 weeks. The time went really fast. Especially enjoyed living in Edinbrugh but my time in the office was engaging and insightful.

Got involved in lots of team meetings and made some good contributions. The team were interested in what I have to say as I brought I different perspective to problems.

Everyone on the team were happy to take time out of their schedule to explain any difficulties I had.

Mostly fine but there were some quiet periods.

Worked on lots of mini projects. The models I produced will be used by the team each month

Gained lots of skills such as business and commerical awareness.

Good mixture of being relaxed but still hitting the deadlines.

HR were brilliant at organising events and making sure accommodation was sorted.

Went to lots of talks and presentations during the working day. For example we had a class on 'getting the most out of office meetings'

Plenty of scope for promotion.

The group of interns was absolutely brilliant.

Pretty good for a major city due to all the student bars that you can go to.

The Fringe Festival....need I say more!

Some social events organised by the company. Went out every weekend with the iterns and had 2/3 other social events each week after work