Accommodation Only Assistant at TUI UK

luton Greater London
Leisure and Hospitality

8.6/10

Creating reports; Reviewing reports and responding to changes in volume and margin; Competitor analysis; Checking the set up of hotels on the selling system; Sending out special offers to promote struggling resorts and hotels; Applying discounts from hotels; Keeping on top of bookings as they come in

Everyone was always happy to answer question and assist

I felt recognised by my colleagues and that they valued the work I put in

Once I joined the company, my manager set objectives for me and these were always reviewed in our regular 1-2-1's. When anything else came up, the placement co-ordinator was always available to catch up with.

I always had something to do while at work. Although there were peak periods, I never felt like I had too much to handle on my own. As a team, we shared the work load equally.

I was given a reasonable amount of responsibility and at times I would have had to make decisions on my own.

The biggest thing learnt for me was time management, as it is a big part of every company. I have learnt to prioritise important tasks and divide my time equally.

The fun never stopped. Not a case of disco balls out in the day but the atmosphere was very relaxed and friendly.

Being the second set of placement TUI has had, It was very well organised from start to finish. We had a 3-week induction upon employment (which helped us settle into the 9 till 5). There was a resort trip organised and we got to go an educational 1-night Cruise taster which was fun.

The placement co-ordinator organised basic workshops that we would need in working better. We were also asked if we wanted to go on courses/workshops about areas of the business we were interested in - marketing, Purchasing.

I would like to work for TUI in the future as they are introducing a graduate scheme.

Team night outs, meals, etc. were organised generally for peoples birthdays or just for socializing.

The night-life isn't great as there aren't very many pubs/clubs around.

Whenever events were organised, people were generally invited to them.