HR Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland
Human Resources

8.0/10

The HR team helps to create a workplace which recognizes, rewards and develops personal, professional and organisational effort and which promotes workplace flexibility and conditions of employment which recognize and align individual and organisational needs.

Overall, the Insight was a fantastic experience, which I would recommend to anyone.

Every member of staff and representative from Standard Life was very friendly, easy to approach and willing to help with any questions that individuals had. Also, certain timetabled activities were tailored for each individual's preferences.

There was plenty of time scheduled for networking, where individuals could ask employees from different departments as many questions as they liked. There was also various presentations throughout the insight, in order to provide any guidance / support that was required.

The skills in relation to interviews, assessment centres and networking will all be beneficial beyond degree studies. I also developed skills in relation to group projects and presentations, which will assist greatly with my degree studies.

Overall, the organisation and management of the Insight was flawless.

It taught me to patient with people, use my initiative and be confident. These are all important characteristics for gaining a job at a later date.

Very good, as a small office, everyone knew each other so it was a very friendly atmosphere.

Standard Life was very organised and had planned our internship in great detail.

Alot of time, everyone I worked with did as much as they could to help. The feedback system was useful too as it gave you pointers for future improvement.

I have been told that job prospects are good and I should get a job at the end of it.

Yes I regularly got together with other interns whether to play pool or just go for a drink.

The cost of living is actually manageable. As long as you don't go on nights out more than thrice a week.

A lot of establishment where you can hang out and relax.

Within work itself, there were a few trips you could go on, and a few clubs you could join.