The HR team helps to create a workplace which recognizes, rewards and develops personal, professional and organisational effort and which promotes workplace flexibility and conditions of employment which recognize and align individual and organisational needs.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Overall, the Insight was a fantastic experience, which I would recommend to anyone.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Every member of staff and representative from Standard Life was very friendly, easy to approach and willing to help with any questions that individuals had. Also, certain timetabled activities were tailored for each individual's preferences.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was plenty of time scheduled for networking, where individuals could ask employees from different departments as many questions as they liked. There was also various presentations throughout the insight, in order to provide any guidance / support that was required.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The skills in relation to interviews, assessment centres and networking will all be beneficial beyond degree studies. I also developed skills in relation to group projects and presentations, which will assist greatly with my degree studies.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Overall, the organisation and management of the Insight was flawless.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It taught me to patient with people, use my initiative and be confident. These are all important characteristics for gaining a job at a later date.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very good, as a small office, everyone knew each other so it was a very friendly atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Standard Life was very organised and had planned our internship in great detail.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Alot of time, everyone I worked with did as much as they could to help. The feedback system was useful too as it gave you pointers for future improvement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been told that job prospects are good and I should get a job at the end of it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes I regularly got together with other interns whether to play pool or just go for a drink.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living is actually manageable. As long as you don't go on nights out more than thrice a week.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A lot of establishment where you can hang out and relax.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Within work itself, there were a few trips you could go on, and a few clubs you could join.