Science/Research Placement at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

Oxfordshire, Cheshire, Swindon South East
Human Resources Information Technology Science/Research

8.1/10

Give Assistance in research and placement.

Great placement, great people and would highly recommend to anyone trying to find a career in IT or Business.

Imagine yourself working at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

Everyone I interacted with was absolutley professional & very welcoming, they were always on hand to give advice and provide help.

The management is a good team. My department manager has always pushed me to achieve my goals. He even helped me in my university assignment.

There were stressful times or bad ones, but I can definitely say that these moments have helped me in coping under stress and be efficient at the same time. most of the time, I tool pleasure in doing my work.

I was given much responsiblity. The more they saw me improving, the more responsiblity they gave me and I am happy about it as it contributed to my personal experience and helps me to achieve my goals.

It will help me in completing my assignments and dissertation by adding the valuable information i have received at my work placement practically and theoretically.

Imagine yourself working at Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC)

Staff were able to freely come and use PC's in the same room, so the odd conversation would start from that, it was always fun.

Overall it was very good. Project allocations could be done a bit better, however, its good practice to approach staff yourself and to get involved without being 'spoon-fed' project work.

There were lots of information online and trainings one could take part in.

For me particularly the graduate leadership scheme is a very appealing option.

Excellent social scene, always something happening either formally or informally amoungst Grads & placement students.

Highly sociable area. At times expensive for students.

It was like no dull moments around us. There are many establishment open till late at night.

Went to the pub a few times, but not much else.