1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great placement, great people and would highly recommend to anyone trying to find a career in IT or Business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone I interacted with was absolutley professional & very welcoming, they were always on hand to give advice and provide help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The management is a good team. My department manager has always pushed me to achieve my goals. He even helped me in my university assignment.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were stressful times or bad ones, but I can definitely say that these moments have helped me in coping under stress and be efficient at the same time. most of the time, I tool pleasure in doing my work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given much responsiblity. The more they saw me improving, the more responsiblity they gave me and I am happy about it as it contributed to my personal experience and helps me to achieve my goals.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It will help me in completing my assignments and dissertation by adding the valuable information i have received at my work placement practically and theoretically.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Staff were able to freely come and use PC's in the same room, so the odd conversation would start from that, it was always fun.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall it was very good. Project allocations could be done a bit better, however, its good practice to approach staff yourself and to get involved without being 'spoon-fed' project work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were lots of information online and trainings one could take part in.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
For me particularly the graduate leadership scheme is a very appealing option.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Excellent social scene, always something happening either formally or informally amoungst Grads & placement students.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Highly sociable area. At times expensive for students.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was like no dull moments around us. There are many establishment open till late at night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?