My role is to ensure that the resorts that I am resposible for meet there targets in terms of both the volume of sales and profitability. On a day to day basis this is done by analysing sales and margins for hotel and flights and making pricing decions based on this . I also get to interact with members of different teams around the business as well as answering queries about my resorts.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my year I find the job interesting and the team that I work in is great, I have also always been encouraged to get involved with projects that are outside of my daily tasks which has really helped me get the most out of my year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I feel that my views are taken into account in meetings and that my colleagues value the knowledge that I have on my resorts.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have had regular meetings with my manager to raise any issues that I might be having on my placement year, at the start of the year we also agreed on a personal developement plan. In each meeting we set targets on areas that i want to improve so that I can get the most from this year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There are certain times of the year especially in January/ February but in my team this is the busiest time of the year but then at other points the workload has been considerably less.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I feel that I have been given a lot of responsibility during the year to make the decisons on my resorts.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that this year has let e develop areas that I felt that I needed to, it has also given me knowledge of different departements within the company and examples that I can use in my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I think that the atmosphere is really good and the team nights out really help to keep it this way. Over the year we have had some really good team nights out and team building days.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall the placement is well organised and I know who i can go to if I have a probelm. The induction was really good and allowed me to get to know about the business, my team and my job before being left to do it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have been on many workshops over the year and found that in particular the presenting and the excel workshop have helped me the most.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There are future opportunities if there are vacancies in the team or on the graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I have rented in luton for the year and found that the costs are very resonable for the size house that we have.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife in Luton is okay and it doesn't take long to get into London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?