Online Merchandising Executive at TUI UK

Luton

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for TUI UK

4.2/5

4.6
4.4
3.5

Worked in the Ecommerce department of one of the world leading leisure travel companies; primarily focusing on the Thomson and First Choice websites. Example of some of my responsibilities: • Managed all online Tourist Board advertising. • Reviewed site sales performance figures and recommended merchandising opportunities to achieve targets. • Liaised with the Trading, Product and Marketing departments to ensure that new products are given relevant space on the site and that site content was kept up-to-date. • Analysed key online performance measures, such as share of business, booking conversion rates, revenue generated and online discounts. • Gatekeeper for all competitor and consumer intelligence across the business.

I really enjoyed my placement and learnt a lot throughout the year.

My team were really supportive and gave me positive feedback regularly.

I had weekly 1-2-1's with my manager which was really helpful but I was also given a lot of support my other members of my team.

Due to the seasonality of the holiday industry there were some periods that were exceptionally busy but it was definitely manageable.

For day one I was given a lot of responsibility, which really helped me develop over the year.

The skills I've learnt on placement have definitely helped me when back at Uni. Placement has made me more focused and driven for my final year.

The atmosphere in the office is really relaxed and easy going.

It was really well organised and we had monthly meetings with the placement scheme team.

TUI really invest a lot of time in you over the 12 months and you are known by name which is a benefit of a smaller placement scheme.

TUI is a great company to work for, with so many diverse opportunities.

Our placement year was a really tight knit group.

Although Luton isn't the greatest place in the world! There are loads of nice places surrounding it such as St Albans, Hitchin and Harpenden. Also London is only about 30 mins away by train.

It's not great in Luton, but there are some really nice bars and pubs in St Albans and Harpenden. Or you could head into London for a big night out.

There was always something going on to get involved in, mainly with the other placements or grads.