IT Helpdesk at Lubrizol

Hazelwood East Midlands
Information Technology

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.1/10

Providing phone and remote access support for software and hardware related problems. Troubleshooting Internet and Network related issue. Providing recommendation and advice for proper maintenance and upgrades to end-users/customers.

I loved my job, I looked forward to going to work everyday.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

My colleagues treat me with the same respect that they treat each other with and were always seemingly appreciative of my work I was doing.

I felt that everyone always had their door open for you if you had any queries or concerns and there was always a good supportive atmosphere towards the interns.

Once you adapt to the new skills, systems and day to day work then it is a very good balance. You have days where you are very busy but generally there is a good balance of work and pleasure and you never feel overwhelmed or bored.

I wanted responsibility and was able to have it which i found great for the year as i was able to progress and do new things throughout.

t. I learned a lot about the industry, my course i am currently undertaking, the type of modules i want to do next year, but also a lot of life skills that i can take with me into my final university year and wherever i go beyond. The work experience has been invaluable and has made me a lot better informed.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Busy, lively, approachable department.

It is great, it has been in place for a few years now so they really know how to run an effective intern scheme.

They always take time out to make sure I'm challenged in new ways. I haven't been sent on any courses or anything so they only really invested time... not so much with the money though :D

I have submitted my name in case they need someone in the future, but I am well aware that the role that I would want to be doing would be taken by the next intern, I am not sure how likely it is for me to get a job back at the company.

The interns have their own community within the company, and so they would organise nights out. I also went out with colleagues in my dept.

Cost of living was expensive depending how close you lived to the office.

It was quiet amazing. Happiest place I've been so far.

I joined the gym and I suppose I could have taken part in some of their classes.