Troubleshooting Internet and Network related issue. Providing recommendation and advice for proper maintenance and upgrades to end-users/customers.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great month experience giving invaluable insight into the firm and London work
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Interesting area of work, great bunch of people to work with
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was viewed as a member of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Was kept at a constant pace throughout the internship
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As much experience as was appropriate in the role
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Great insight, experience and addition to the CV
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I didn't meet one person who was miserable, everyone was really friendly! The rapport between the rest of the interns too is great.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was given a training program on my first day which was great. However the program did change very often but every effort was always made to ensure that I was given the opportunity to complete everything I wanted to.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
This was the aspect that made the placement so worth while for me. As mentioned previously, responsibility and opportunity was always given to me at every turn. Every day I learnt something new whether it be about business, the company or myself. I have developed greatly as a person and the placement has given me a huge advantage for my future.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
My future with the company was discussed on my final day. I have not yet made a decision simply due to the fact that a lot could during my final year at university and I need to know my personal circumstances before I decide.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
A Christmas meal and party was organised. They were also a few meals organised also.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Manageable. As long as you don't eat out every night.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lively. There were many establishment you can enjoy and relax.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
If you managed your time well, you could find time get involved in activities outside work.