Mainly an observational role across the departments in the company, which chances to contribute to the day to day functions of each department.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everybody was pretty much easy to approach. I have no problems conversing with anyone in the office.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given enough work on my own. That only shows that they value and trust me.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Whenever there are things I don't understand clearly, my supervisor is always there to explain everything in details. They make work a lot easier for me.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Pretty busy the whole day but we get to relax once in a while.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given enough responsibility at the start. I guess they trust me as soon as I was introduce in the office.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was able to see the functioning of each department and how I would like to work in each of the roles I was shown, which helped me see which roles I would/wouldn't like.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A lot of pressure during busy times but fun when there less work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything is set into place. Everyone knows each responsibilities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We got weekly feedback on our performance as a group, and if we requested we could get feedback on our individual performances. I was able to sit with my line manager on various occasions, and he gave me insight into my performance and areas in which I could improve.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I'd be happy to work here again. I am learning more at work each passing day.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Definitely. Everyone is enjoying each others company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too expensive but it wasn't cheap as well.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was fun. Lot of establishment where we could have a drink.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?