1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
As my first office/corporate job I really enjoyed the experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team really made me feel welcome from day one. They always asked for my opinions and i felt that my input was truly valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had one direct line manager who supported me fantastically throughout my year. Additionally the whole team supported and guided me through my role. This enabled me to see a wide variety of management styles and understand different viewpoints on different policies.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
As I was the first placement student in this specific role the year started off fairly slowly for me. After the first month I had been given the majority of my key responsibilities and this is when I became very busy. However this taught me that I needed to manage my time more efficiently, once i understood this my workload became perfectly manageable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given overall responsibility for several projects which were on going throughout the year. This was the perfect amount of responsibility I was looking for.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills that I gained whilst placement are absolutely relevant to everyday life including getting back into study. I am now much more organised and am able to manage my time more efficiently. I have also learnt a lot about networking and teamwork.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The general atmosphere in the office is very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement scheme overall is run very efficiently.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
In this role I was able to chose which courses I would like to attend from the core training curriculum. This meant that any course I went on we were treated like absolute equals to everyone else on the course, our training was not sacrificed because we were only there for one year. I attended a variety of courses during my year placement, all of which have equipped me with skills I can take forward into my degree/further career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I extended my placement by about 6 weeks and would be delighted to work for them again in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As the placement is located in London there is always lots to do. I enjoyed spending time with the other IP's whether it was going into central london clubbing or just popping to the cinema on a week night.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in London is always going to be expensive. We got a great deal with our landlord and lived 15 minute walk from the office, so with no transport costs we saved more money for socialising!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are no clubs in Finchley but plenty of nice pubs that have a great atmosphere int the evening.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
This isn't something I particularly looked into, however the opportunities are out there.