This varies hugely depending on your role, project and client you are working for. However tasks can include communicating with third parties, stakeholders and the client, creating and running reports as well as analysing various reports and creating powerpoints.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a great experience and really enjoyed my time working for Accenture.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt i was valued and appreciated by all my colleagues.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If i was ever struggling or requiring advice, my manager wouldn't hesitate to give me time alternatively i could speak to other members of staff or my people adviser.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This varied from day to day, task to task, the role i played and which project i was placed on.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had various amounts of responsibility. I ran weekly calls with a 3rd party stakeholder and also created reports for the client.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed my communication skills particulary talking to third parties and stakeholders both via email and conference calls. I also developed my excel and powerpoint skills which can all help me with my future studies and career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was very friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
A well run and organised scheme
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had the opportunity to constantly learn more and use the online learning and training tools.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I now have received a graduate job with them and the opportunity to defer my start date another year
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Always a great social atmosphere
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
if working out of town then you got a generous expense allowance for the evening. If working in London then socialising could be expensive unless going as for a work event or party.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
varied depending on where your client was based.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
there are plenty of clubs and events to go to including various sports clubs and an annual accenture ski holiday.