Product Assistant at TUI UK

Luton South East

8.5/10

My role involves a number of different aspects and is very varied. I do everything involved in setting up a season ready to be sold and traded from pricing, briefing which hotels we want to which hotels go in the brochure and which brochures they go in.

At times deadlines can be very tight but overall it is really good and you are given a real job to do and real responsibilities.

I feel that they value my opinions and take them on board in their decisions.

I was given a lot of support in relation to learning the new systems but not so much that it felt like I wasn't making my own decisions.

At times I am a bit too busy, but as long as I plan ahead I can fit all the tasks I have to do in.

I was given the responsibility of the brochure entirely and I was allowed to price independently after a few times being guided however I still went through the pricing decisions with manager but they also do this with their manager.

Whilst on my placement I have recevied a number of training courses, all of which will be continue to be benificial here but also in the future, when I go back to uni and in my future career.

The office is very young and there is a big emphasis on socialising outside of work. Also as a travel company the opportunity to go on work related trips also helps.

The placement is very well set up from our 3 week induction to continuing your development throughout the year.

The company invested a lot in my personal training and development allowing me to go to a nubmer of workshops to help develop skills to use in my day to day role and to take away for the future.

I would really like to come back and work here in the future, perhaps by applying for the new graduate scheme.

As a group of 10 we got on really well and it was a really good number as we all knew each other really well. As I and 4 other placements live together it means everyone always has somewhere to stay for nights out. We often go on nights out as a placement group and have done loads of things together.

Living was a lot cheaper in Luton than it would be in London but the wage I recevied obviously reflected this. For those that lived at home they have all been able to save, where as I haven't although I have still been able to do everything I want.

Nightlife in Luton is ok but there isn't much choice. However it is only a short train ride to other places such as St. Albans and London.

Out of work activities were organised on a regular basis throughout our department mainly for the younger members of the department.