System Integration Intern at Atos

Regent's Place London Central London and City
Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science Information Technology
Atos is a Top Employer

9.1/10

My main takes was research, reporting, and covered most areas within development

Brilliant placement opportunity which provided scope to learn and develop new skills. Tasks varied often which helped give an insight into different areas of application development.

Felt very valued by all colleagues, got to know almost everyone.

Couldn't have asked for better managers, support and guidance was always provided when needed.

I was given work to do, however felt I could have been pushed more this year. I do understand its difficult for managers to delegate important tasks to interns but overall I was happy with the work load.

I was given more responsibility as I demonstrated to my managers I was capable on taking on more. I always had tasks to do, some with indicated delivery dates, and others with a more longer period.

Have definitely learned and developed upon vital skills, regular performance reviews were in place to help show how much I have developed throughout my placement.

Hot desk seating usually means you're rarely seated in the same seat, however I managed to always be on the same desk row throughout the year. The atmosphere was always very friendly.

I understand that the placement scheme is very new to Atos and therefore the overall organisation of the placement was not bad. I noticed that your progress is determined by your own motivation and drive to succeed. I find this to be an advantage if you want to develop yourself and take on board more responsibility

I was given a couple days of training at the start, I found it sufficient enough however others thought more was needed.

Once you have made the right impressions and have proved yourself as a worthwhile asset to the firm, Atos are more than happy to take you on as a graduate...in the role you have done your placement, or even if you'd like to take another role in the company, all options can be considered.

I was surrounded by others on the placement or graduate scheme who are always socialising! I got myself involved with the company 5-aside weekly football, this allowed me to meet more people within the company.

I moved back home for this placement so my cost of living was just travel (which is still expensive). Socialising and living in London is obviously not cheap but in my opinion, being in the centre of London is worth it!

London night life is perfect, always out with work friends!

There's plenty to get involved in, you have to make the effort and meet the right people.