My main takes was research, reporting, and covered most areas within development
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Brilliant placement opportunity which provided scope to learn and develop new skills. Tasks varied often which helped give an insight into different areas of application development.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Felt very valued by all colleagues, got to know almost everyone.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Couldn't have asked for better managers, support and guidance was always provided when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given work to do, however felt I could have been pushed more this year. I do understand its difficult for managers to delegate important tasks to interns but overall I was happy with the work load.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given more responsibility as I demonstrated to my managers I was capable on taking on more. I always had tasks to do, some with indicated delivery dates, and others with a more longer period.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Have definitely learned and developed upon vital skills, regular performance reviews were in place to help show how much I have developed throughout my placement.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hot desk seating usually means you're rarely seated in the same seat, however I managed to always be on the same desk row throughout the year. The atmosphere was always very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I understand that the placement scheme is very new to Atos and therefore the overall organisation of the placement was not bad. I noticed that your progress is determined by your own motivation and drive to succeed. I find this to be an advantage if you want to develop yourself and take on board more responsibility
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given a couple days of training at the start, I found it sufficient enough however others thought more was needed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Once you have made the right impressions and have proved yourself as a worthwhile asset to the firm, Atos are more than happy to take you on as a graduate...in the role you have done your placement, or even if you'd like to take another role in the company, all options can be considered.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I was surrounded by others on the placement or graduate scheme who are always socialising! I got myself involved with the company 5-aside weekly football, this allowed me to meet more people within the company.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I moved back home for this placement so my cost of living was just travel (which is still expensive). Socialising and living in London is obviously not cheap but in my opinion, being in the centre of London is worth it!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London night life is perfect, always out with work friends!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There's plenty to get involved in, you have to make the effort and meet the right people.