Summer Analyst Global Banking Advisory at HSBC

London Greater London
Banking/Finance

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.3/10

I was given the opportunity to work with a broad range of sector teams within Global Banking Advisory. My summer internship started with mainly creating pitchbooks and progressed to assisting in valuation models such as trading comparables, DCF and one merger model.

I really enjoyed the structure of the summer internship. The HR really made sure that all the summer interns got the most out of their internship experience through lunchtime seminars, business area presentations, networking events and the end of internship project.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

My colleagues gave me the opportunity to work on challenging tasks. I really liked that my colleagues always evaluated my performance on each task. Overall, I did feel that my work was valued by the team.

As second-year student who had no previous experience in M&A, I had a wonderful mentor who really went out of his way to teach me. The culture at HSBC is incredibly supportive.

There were days where I was really busy with work but there were also days where I had some free time.

Due to HSBC having a relatively small advisory business, I felt that I was given more exposure compared to friends of mine at other banks. For instance, I assited in valuation models, attended one pitch and got the opportunity to listen in on calls with clients.

I am interested in working in the finance industry and as such the skills I picked up during the summer internship is very useful to me. For instance, the valuation techniques I learnt during the summer internship is helping me with my third year finance module at LSE.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at HSBC

Overall, I found the people to be very friendly and helpful at HSBC. The staffer organized many fun events such as bowling and drinks within the advisory business.

I felt that we all got great training before the summer internship. During the internship, we were also given opportunities for further training in advisory. For instance, we were able to attend a one day course on valuation models specific to the oil and gas industry.

There are a couple of bars around the area.

The HR organized many events outside of work from the women networking session to various bonding events for the entire summer internship class.