1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent work experience, wasn't just treated like any other intern, instead seemed as if you were a graduate employee, given the same tasks and levels of responsibility (if not more).
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Regular feedback sessions with line managers and regular dinners with peers enable you to receive a real sense of recognition from those around you.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Clear, structured, personal development and feedback scheme.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Will vary from role to role, but there was always different stuff to be getting on with during my experience.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
On my individual projects, I had significant levels of responsibility, dealing directly with clients in one role and in the other leading a small team of technical specialists.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Wide variety of sessions ran during the induction week, skills taught in all sessions (e.g. MS Excel & Presentation Workshop) will benefit me for years to come.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Neither of my roles were fixed to a particular office, but amongst the project teams in both roles there was a good fun atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised internship with a good emphasis on personal development. Provided with a corporate Amex card which is very useful for covering expenses in the short term.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Induction week with a series of skills workshops. Opportunity to attend in person or join online a number of different training modules.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Grad offer received, a very high percentage of interns can expect likewise, provided there are no major errors made.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expenses are covered by the company when on an out-of-town project, however London itself is not cheap.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is great. One of my roles was in Leeds, which also has good nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Opportunity to join different sports clubs, groups and societies whilst with the firm. If there isn't a club for the activity in which you wish to partake, there is always the opportunity to start one yourself.