Client 1 - functional design of an Oracle system.
Client 2 - Programme management support
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement year was well structured and whilst you were allocated your first client based on your preferences in your application, you had the freedom to network and use connections to find your second client. This gave you the flexibility to get the most out of the year and your experiences.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
On both the clients and teams I worked in I was treated like extended family and they ensured my development was in line with what Accenture would want to see out of a regular Analyst. This gave me a great opportunity to strengthen certain skills and know I could rely on my superiors and team members if the going got tough.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I couldn't fault my line managers on either of my 2 projects that I worked on during my year at Accenture.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Work is very up and down - unpredictable in management consultancy. To this effect, on my first project it started off very quiet due tot he particular phase the project was in. This gave me the chance to do some computer based learning alongside my day to day duties.My second project was the complete opposite and I was so busy that I often worked long hours. Both gave me different views of the work available with such a diverse organisation.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during the whole year and my line managers were extremely good at giving me ownership over deliverables. I was treated just like a graduate at all times throughout my year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned more through this year than I did during the first two years of my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
pleasant client atmospheres and when working out of the accenture head office - it is very modern and there is always a great working vibe around.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
couldn't fault it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
a lot of the learning and training is led by you the employee so you have access to a wide range of CBTs and there was also an induction week right at the start of the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I received an offer after the placement. Something that Accenture offers as part of the scheme providing your performance has been rated highly.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
colleagues - when working on clients out of town there are many social things like dinner clubs and sports to get involved with.
fellow placement students - there are frequent socials throughout the year and we all got along very well together.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is expensive but Accenture pays you a competitive salary so if you find a cheap place to rent you have enough money to spend on socialising and travel.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is fantastic and also experienced the nightlife in the various cities at client locations.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
It is just a matter of what you want to chose to do and getting involved. I took part in an inter company tennis competition and was taken to Switzerland to compete in ski racing.