Intern at Bloomberg

Bloomberg is a Top Employer

6.8/10

6.6

5.2

Assisted in Fixed Income trading whereby I helped out creating numerous reports using excel as well as presentable graphs. Also did the odd research project vital to the departments decisions.

Really enjoyed. Learned invaluable material that will help me both at University and for the future. Met some great people and feel like I've used my summer wisely. May have struggled slightly to keep myself occupied very occasionally.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

No complaints. Colleagues very friendly and were always happy to give guidance. Spent time shadowing people in different departments and didn't come across a single person were I was treated badly or not given a sufficient explanation on something.

Again, given great support. My managers were very helpful in making sure I had work to do, and especially helping make sure I spent the first couple of weeks getting to grip with the company and what they do rather than being thrown straight into it all.

Was busy the majority of the time. I may have been given jobs that were expected to take me a good couple of days when they only took a few hours and found that there may not have been work planned for that.

Was given responsibility in creating lots of reports and spreadsheets, whereby I felt my contribution was absolutely necessary and helped the team a great deal. Even did a vital job which was used at a New York summit.

Learnt a great amount of material on the subject of finance and economics which my university course revolves around greatly. Also feel that my excel skills have been improved from essentially nothing to rather skilled, and found myself actually helping out experienced members of my team with Excel.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 4 roles at Bloomberg

Lots of people, everyone happy to have a chat or help out anyone when needed. Preferred not being in an office and being among many people which is one of the best parts of Bloomberg. Even the CEO popped along from NYC and had the same sort of desk as myself which I liked.

Organized extremely well. Always an activity on for interns or a day or night out, and clearly a lot of effort is put into organizing this internship. Can't really fault it.

Seemed like they invested a lot of time. I spent a lot of time especially during the first 2 weeks shadowing other people which was very helpful, and I was suprised at just how much time everyone was willing to give up in order to help me out in any way possible.

Have greatly enjoyed the internship and it has been a great experience, but not sure finance is something I would like to do in the future. Perhaps there is something in journalism however that may appeal to me.

A very good social scene was organised by both the company and the interns themselves. There were lots of days out and seminars/presentations organised exclusively for the interns which was greatly appreciated. One area that could have been improved on was having interns in a department without other interns could have been somewhat limiting from a social perspective.

I was living at home with family, so that wasn't an issue. Socialising in London was always going to be expensive so not much to do there. But getting lunch about in London near the Bloomberg building was easy enough.

Didn't tend to go out much especially mid week, but the company is situated in central London not too far from Leicester Square so there is plenty to do around in terms of clubs, not to mention numerous bars situated in walking distance form the company building.

There we a few days out including the Museum of London as well as a day out volunteering at a school. Maybe more could have been included to make it more of an introduction into the company than a full time job.