Worked in a managerial role as System Analyst/associate project manager in HUB* department which is part of Banking Operations and support department. Main areas of responsibilities were:
•Analyze business requirements, provide and implement solutions from the system in consultation with regional team that caters business needs.
•Implement/upgrade core banking modules for different units with the help of regional teams. Further ensure users are provided with necessary training for all new modules.
•Automate business tasks and processes that lead to business efficiency.
•Implemented departmental intranet site for training and process relevant materials for users to increase their awareness regarding Banking System. Updating latest materials on cyclic basis.
* HUB is HSBC Universal Core banking system.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The job was good but the working environment and management was not great.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?