Laxmi Bank Limited is a full fledged commercial bank of Nepal in operation from year 2002. Being employed in the Trade Operations department, I was primarily responsible for the issue and settlement of Import/Export Letter of Credit and Bank Guarantees. Beside these core activities, I was also responsible for preparing (weekly and monthly) reports on daily transactions, foreign exchange position, Basel Report etc. Maintaining productive and sustainable relationship with the clients of the bank was also one of my basis responsibilities and being a senior staff of the department, I was also responsible to groom and train the new team members of the department.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?