Analyst at Credit Suisse

Computer and Systems Engineering Computer Science

Credit Suisse is a Top Employer

9.7/10

Great place to work; everyone is really approachable and willing to help. The work I was given was interesting and put into use throughout the course of the internship. The location and building are also brilliant, loads of facilities in the building and Canary Wharf is a very nice part of London.

I was treated like any other team member; I was invited along to all their weekly meetings and socials at the start and so it didn’t take long to feel a part of the team. My team were also great at spending time with me explaining things and answering any questions I had.

I had weekly meetings with my manager where I raised any issues I had and could go to the people in my team any time. Having a mid-review was also really helpful for pointing out areas which I could improve in, allowing me to address them before the final review.

On a daily basis I always had something to do. I had one main project to work on but alongside that we did an intern project with HR and I also took on some work from my team when I didn’t have much on. Saying that I didn’t feel like I had to much work at any point, it was very manageable and I know that if I felt as though I had to much I could have gone to my manager and it would have been addressed.

During my placement I was given a project and allowed to complete it in my own way, just asking for guidance when I needed it. The solution I devised is now being used and I know that the work I did will have lasting impact. I also completed some software development which was also put into use.

We received very good financial training at the start of the internship which was very useful coming from a technical background. This gave a good grounding in finance to give context to the IT systems I interacted with. On the job I learnt and developed many skills which will be really helpful for my final year.

The office was a great place to be, people would bring in cakes or doughnuts all time for various occasions and everyone was really friendly. The floor I was on also went out for drinks after work quite a lot which gave me loads of opportunities to meet people on my floor and give me advice.

Throughout the internship we had not only training at the start but also speakers from all over IT giving us an idea of all the different parts work. We also had talks from very senior people all the way up to the CEO! We also had chance to meet with some graduates to ask the questions we didn’t want to ask everyone else and to hear about their experience of working here.

I got the impression that the company invested heavily in us, they gave us very good financial training at the start and took time from very senior people to talk to us and answer our questions. They also put on a few networking events at the start and end of the internship.

There is the possibility of getting an offer for the grad scheme without any more interviews based on the performance in the internship which is great as you can have a job secured before even entering final year.

The interns were fairly social, going out most Fridays and having more week day events towards the end of the internship.

Living in London is much more expensive than I was used to; however, relative to the salary it is not a problem.

London has a load of nightlife; you just need someone who knows where to go.

All the interns spent a day at an outdoor centre working on various things, from building paths to painting. Was a really good day to make a difference for the people who run it and it was all set-up by the company. Other interns also did additional days with their teams and I get the impression that philanthropy is really important to Credit Suisse.