Multi Asset Intern at Schroders

Banking/Finance

8.4/10

I spent a lot of time attending meetings with fund managers, conference calls with brokers and other Schroder offices. I also was invovled in an investment simulation game with the interns and was given 3 main projects to complete during my time here which I had to present at the end.

Absolutely loved it.

I got on really well with my team which is crucial, and I was treated like any other team member rather than as an intern.

My manager was extremely accomodating and gave me so much exposure to everything.

Always a lot to do, but very reasonable hours. Sometimes busier than others as expected.

I was given a project which actually mattered to the company and people will actually use once I've left.

Invaluable experience

Great team atmosphere, very genuine people that I worked with

We had specific intern days and tasks as well as a project that ran throughout the internship.

There seemed to be an awful lot of work involved running the internship project for 20 people. Also for the managers, they had to dedicate a lot of time to help us, which was very generous.

I would love to work there, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the sector.

Yes, I've made some really good friends here, both with other interns and my team

I'm not from around London so having to rent a flat for 2 months was tricky and expensive, but worth it.

I went home straight from work twice in 8 weeks, which sums it up really.

Socialising etc. but not a lot of formal activities.