I spent a lot of time attending meetings with fund managers, conference calls with brokers and other Schroder offices. I also was invovled in an investment simulation game with the interns and was given 3 main projects to complete during my time here which I had to present at the end.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Absolutely loved it.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I got on really well with my team which is crucial, and I was treated like any other team member rather than as an intern.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was extremely accomodating and gave me so much exposure to everything.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always a lot to do, but very reasonable hours. Sometimes busier than others as expected.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a project which actually mattered to the company and people will actually use once I've left.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great team atmosphere, very genuine people that I worked with
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We had specific intern days and tasks as well as a project that ran throughout the internship.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There seemed to be an awful lot of work involved running the internship project for 20 people. Also for the managers, they had to dedicate a lot of time to help us, which was very generous.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work there, and I would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in the sector.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I've made some really good friends here, both with other interns and my team
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I'm not from around London so having to rent a flat for 2 months was tricky and expensive, but worth it.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I went home straight from work twice in 8 weeks, which sums it up really.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Socialising etc. but not a lot of formal activities.