Summer Analyst at Royal Bank of Canada

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

7.1/10

6.6

5.5

The European component of the IT Summer Programme is run out of our London office in the heart of the City, overlooking the Thames.

Interns will gain hands-on experience within IT and career-building mentorship. Every year we recruit successful applicants into our London office for many of our IT teams. There are opportunities in many areas to suit the interests of driven and focused students.

Really enjoyed the placement. RBC were extremely friendly and helpful. Moreover, they really tried to provide all interns with knowledge to all the business areas.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

Everyone on my desk that I'm working on are very friendly towards me. They have taken me out for lunch and drinks after work many times.

My line manager has been extremely helpful. He has helped me the right amount when I needed help and provided me with many tutorials and examples to help me solve problems on my own. Moreover, he has helped me to construct detailed questions when I have a problem, so that the person I'm asking can give me correct answer quickly.

Started off slowly with learning the basics, but then after the first few weeks I've been give exciting and fulfilling projects. However, near the end of the internshi,p when I've been really focused on my desk project, the intern group project has made my day very busy.

Initially, the work I was doing held little to no business value, as I was just completing tutorials and getting to grips with the software. However, my final project actually was business related and the changes I made actually went into production for members of the support team to use - so actually had a responsibility to produce good work.

Having my internship in technology and specifically in development has provided me with essential coding skills that I know I can implement in my final year project at University. Moreover, after this internship I am confident that I will aim to pursue a career in technology at an investment bank, therefore, all the skills I've developed during this placement will be vital!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

What I expected from an office environment. Difficult to seamlessly fit in during an internship for only 8 weeks.

Bloomberg training and Trading game could have been improved.

They have provided me with so much information and resources.

Currently do not know. They explain that the internship is like an 8 weeks interview for a graduate placement.

Good drinks after work.

Commuting into and around London is expensive and going out and buying food is also very expensive

In LONDON!

Never found opportunities to get involved in activities outside work, but then again, I never really looked for any