This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.

4.3/5
  • The Role
    4.6
  • The Company
    4.6
  • The Culture
    3.4

I was a web developer, using a combination of PHP, HTML, SQL and JavaScript lanaguages to create websites for small and large organisations. As well as being a web developer, there were other activites that i was involved in, that include: Helped with purchasing and maintaining of domains. Dismantling and building of computers. supported staff and clients in any problems they had. Assisted with the maintenance of our servers. Set up staff and new starters with the essentials of working at Clock. General help around the office.

• 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
  • I really enjoyed working for Clock. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
  • I was always involved by other members of staff in any work that was undertaken.

• 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
  • If i was unsure about anything, i would always ask my manager or other colleagues. They usually leave what they are curreently doing and help you out,

• 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
  • There was always work to be done. Working for clock was a very relaxed environment, but there were times where it got really busy.

• 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  • On ceretain projects that we undertook, I was given pretty much all the responsability, where i had to liase with clients and find out what they needed to be done. In some cases, i had to involve a manager in certain decisions

• 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  • Working for Clock has been the best job yet. I learnt a wide range of skills which are/will be useful to me. I am currently learning about web developement at Universtiy and the skills I learnt at my placement have come in very handy.

• 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
  • The office atmosphere was great and exciting. Someone would always make the day be interesting. They are a fun and friendly bunch!

• 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  • It was organised very well. From the moment I started work, there was always something to do to keep myself busy or occupied.

• 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  • The company invested a lot of time into me. At first, I mainly worked on small jobs that needed doing which is where i started to develop my skills.

• 10. What were the perks on your work placement?

National Travel

Financial Bonus

Company Parties/Events

Working from home

Healthcare/Dental

• 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  • I would really enjoy working for this company in the future.

• 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
  • There was always something to do, from birthdays, to just days out in general. We would always try to organisae an event within the company, from days out to a game of cards after hours.

• 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  • In the towns nearby, there were a lot of things to, i.e shopping, cinema and other social activites.

• 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
  • Again, in the towsn nearby, there were a lot of pubs/bars that you could go to and a variety of nightclubs to choose from.

• 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
  • As stated before, we would try to always do something within the company, but sometimes this was not possible as work needed to be done.

Placement (5-9 Months)