An individual role in charge of Sales of a small department within Golfbreaks. A great placement for someone with a similar course for myself offering all round experience in areas such as sales, marketing, account management and organising events.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A highly enjoyable placement, as I'm sure has been said about this company before, work hard, play hard. A very young company with a great atmosphere.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I felt I was well supported by the company and never once had an issue with management, which I would rate highly.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Obviously golf travel is a seasonal business and so it varied but during the less busy sales times you are still working on projects and such, which provided a good amount of variety
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt I was given a responsible role and supported well, perhaps unfortunate timing with Corporate events and a recession! I also felt supported by management in a pretty responsible role.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I would highly reccommend a placement to anyone and would hihgly reccommend a placement at Golfbreaks.com.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A young and vibrant company with plenty of banter!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great perks, great atmosphere, quality training and a lot of responsibility that is well run by the management.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is an extensive induction at the beginning of the placement that is tailored to the specific placements each student is on.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A great company that placement students back year on year
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Weekly football, weekly drinks and FAM trips meant golfbreaks was a brilliant placement year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in Egham nearby which is reasonable
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not a Uni city but Windsor is a lovely town with a few half decent bars and clubs (perhaps not including Liquid!)
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?