Working alongside the portfolio managers within the real estate arm of Standard Life Investments
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Enjoyed it more and more as the internship went on
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managment provided any support needed
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Naturally some days were less busy than others. But overall i was given a good work load.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A moderate level of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very social and good fun
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was semi structured with a number of organised events. There was a good level of organisation
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
While it was made clear to us that not everyone was going to get a job, there are opportunities within the firm for futher employement. It was worth noting, that i met no graduates who had previously done the internship scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Within SLI there was a great social scene amongst other internship students. Didn't socialise a huge amount with interns from the parent company SL
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Edinburgh is alot more expensive than i thought it would be. The average pint is almost £4
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We were able to go out with the recent graduates which was great fun.