Incentive Compensation and Salesforce Planning Intern at Oracle

Reading South East
Information Technology

7.9/10

My main duty is debugging PL/SQL. Most days I work on making changes to existing code to rectify a problem or add additional functionality to the application. I also spend a fair amount of time testing my solutions before I hand them over to my manager.
I've also worked on OA Framework pages which involved some Java, HTML and the creation of a JSP page.

Although I havent completed the placement yet so far its been really interesing however this is the first time i've ever used PL/SQL so it was a bit of a struggle to begin with, its getting easier and hopefully by the end of the placement this question will get 10 out of 10 stars!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Oracle

Everyone is really friendly and fun to work with as long as you get on with your work properly.

My manager is brilliant and gives me superb guidance

Because we develop in quarters the beginning of the quarter is normally fairly quiet and the end is quite hetic.

Although I didn't have any specific responsibilities I was given plenty of problems to solve and was trusted to just get on with the work.

I haven't gone back to my final year yet but I can see the skills I've gained in PL/SQL and working in a team being very useful.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 19 roles at Oracle

Everyone is always ready for a laugh and the banter makes each day even more enjoyable.

There was a lot to take in when I first started and I felt a bit lost for a while.

So far I have completed 1 training course though hopefully I will get the oppurtunity to go on more.

I really enjoy working here but unless I get better at PL/SQL I don't think I could spend the next few years doing it.

Most students got on and lived together, however half of us weren't very keen on going out. We don't really go out with our managers unless its an organised event (like a Christmas dinner).

Living was quite expensive because Reading is a commuter town for London, I dont really go out much so can't comment on the socialising aspect.

Although the other students seemed to enjoy the nightlife its not something I enjoy so can't really give an accurate comment on this.

Theres so much to do if you look for it, soup kitchens, local groups and charities.