I.T Analyst at Oracle

Reading South East
Information Technology

8.7/10

To resolve issues within the application and to deploy across the internal applications group. Along with a number of other projects ranging from development through to training across different areas using various technologies along the way.

It provided great insight and oppurtunities, and a realistic preiview of whats excpected from employers in a business environment.

All staff are very welcoming although a lot of communication is done internationally, not really in-person

Management are very open to suggestions and provide oppurtunities and constructive feeback where necessary.

The work load is very balanced, along with the oppurtunities the company makes available to staff making it very enjoyable

The placement has been very beneficial both from a self-development of inter-personal skills perspective as well as technical knowledge on the in's and out's of significant operational I.T infrastructure

There is regular conversation and communcation around the office and social oppurtunities are provided by the company.

The work placement is very organised, with the fast changing requirements throughout the placement year the organisation of objectives and tasks was very well managed.

I have attended a number of training courses throughout the placement year relating to my role within the company, which provided benificial knowledge that could be applied to the tasks presented to me.

If all objectives and tasks are delivered on time and to sufficient standard then consideration may be given.

There are 8 of us in the UK all together based in Reading and we all get along fine, some of us have roles which cross-thread with one another on occasion and quite reguarly the IP's either do something in London or around Reading.

With it being so close to London, living and rent are quite expensive.

There is plenty to do around Reading with there being two Universities

There are plenty of oppurtunities to get involved in activities outside of work around the local area.