To resolve issues within the application and to deploy across the internal applications group. Along with a number of other projects ranging from development through to training across different areas using various technologies along the way.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It provided great insight and oppurtunities, and a realistic preiview of whats excpected from employers in a business environment.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All staff are very welcoming although a lot of communication is done internationally, not really in-person
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management are very open to suggestions and provide oppurtunities and constructive feeback where necessary.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The work load is very balanced, along with the oppurtunities the company makes available to staff making it very enjoyable
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The placement has been very beneficial both from a self-development of inter-personal skills perspective as well as technical knowledge on the in's and out's of significant operational I.T infrastructure
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is regular conversation and communcation around the office and social oppurtunities are provided by the company.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The work placement is very organised, with the fast changing requirements throughout the placement year the organisation of objectives and tasks was very well managed.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have attended a number of training courses throughout the placement year relating to my role within the company, which provided benificial knowledge that could be applied to the tasks presented to me.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If all objectives and tasks are delivered on time and to sufficient standard then consideration may be given.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are 8 of us in the UK all together based in Reading and we all get along fine, some of us have roles which cross-thread with one another on occasion and quite reguarly the IP's either do something in London or around Reading.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
With it being so close to London, living and rent are quite expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There is plenty to do around Reading with there being two Universities
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are plenty of oppurtunities to get involved in activities outside of work around the local area.