Team Member at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)

Portsmouth

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)

3.6/5

3.9
3.5
3.3

Industrial placement student, Working on various projects.

I enjoyed it, it was fun and a really useful experience. Would recommend.

My team was really fun, and easy to get involved with. Everyone was friendly.

Everyone was pretty supportive of each other, and my manager frequently stopped by to see how I (and everybody else) was doing.

There tended to be periods of lots and lots of work, followed by periods of not a lot on at all.

I was doing things that mattered and were useful, but I wasn't running the show - that sounds a bit too crazy! If I couldn't do something on time, I don't think the whole company would go bust.

I learned a lot of life skills, like time management and punctuality, and some technical skills too, such as improving my Linux usage and using some different programs.

My team was fun. People got the work done, but there were quite a few laughs and jokes. Lots and lots of cake too.

It seemed set up well enough to me.

I did quite a few training courses, and was encouraged to look for areas of training / development I was interested in doing.

I'll see what life looks like when I've finished uni, but I'd be happy to work there.

Yes. Also had an organised new starters group.

I don't really know. Average.

It seemed all-right to me. Not much of a clubber myself.

Yes, lots. It's pretty easy to get involved.