Horizon Scanning at Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)

Salisbury

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl)

4.2/5

4.6
4.2
3.6

Looking for emerging science and technology that has UK defence and security implications. Scanning the internet. Attending workshops. Compiling bi-monthly emerging S & T newsletter that is distributed globally.

Had a fantastic time and developed 100% as a person as well as professionally.

Very valued, but only as much as I earned.

My original buddy worked out really badly because I was given no support, however after I raised this as an issue and it was sorted out. From then on it was great.

I range from having a good level of work to do to being extremely busy and under pressure.

I was given a lot of responsibility but only because I showed I could handle it!

I feel I've developed immensely of the year but most of all I've become more confident about going to university which is something I was worried about.

It was very good and far more friendly than I expected when I started!

It was the first time my team had had a YINI so they didn't know all the ins and outs but it was fine.

They made it clear that it was all about my development.

I have gained a sponsorship through university which means I get a guaranteed interview after I graduate.

Yes, I lived onsite with eight other students and had a great time.

It was highly expensive to get into town but it was a price I was willing to pay.

Wasn't what I was used to but still great.

Because I lived onsite it was hard to get around meaning it was hard to get out and do things. Good job some of the other students had cars.