I was responsible for managing the internship process. This included advertising roles, sifting through applications, conducting first stage telephone interviews, sending out contracts to new recruits and making sure hey arrived on the day. Whilst they were working I then made sure they were happy withing their role, and if not I made any appropraite changes. I also organised training sessions.
There was also project work involved, for instance I was involved with the selection and implement of a Childcare Voucher Scheme.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?