1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Excellent company to work for to get experience on a placement year. Lots of responsibility, great social life and great people to work with. The job allows you to undertake a great variety of tasks and gives you a great perspective on the industry.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
You are warmly received in the company and it doesnt take long to build great working relationships amongst the other workers. As long as you carry the right attitude then you feel valued and respected from everyone.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are supported throughout the year by my line manager - but at times when work levels were high that support does become a lesser priority.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a day-to-day basis i always had work to do, i was always aware of what was expected of me and there was a great variety of tasks. However like any other job there was times where the work load did exceed one's capableness.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Upon reflection, it is fair to say that i was given a great deal of responsibility. Of course I think i could have been given more, but as a placement student, the experience really opened my eyes to the nature of the business and on what path i want to take.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There are a few skills that i have managed to concentrate on and develop over the year which i'm sure will stand me in good stead for the final year. But the job only allows you develop certain skills, some are very unique and specialist and hence would not be required/useful for the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere across the office was great, it is a very young office so everyone is very easy going. I was working in the product department and at times it can be a little serious but nonetheless all the guys were great and are very easy going.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement year was well structure, I was welcomed from the very first moment I arrived until the last. It was made very clear of what my tasks were and what was expected of me over the course of the year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We didnt spend a great deal of energy on certain skills, however it was clear that some skills needed developing, and these were addressed, such as organisation, time management etc.. Now i really appreciate the focus on these.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As I mentioned previously, along with any job, if you carry the correct attitude then you will succeed, and you will feel respected. The company is growing and is in a strong position, so all in all Golfbreaks is a very appealing organisation to join.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There is a great social scene, as there is a big group of placements, there is always something going on at the weekends and after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is a very affluent area, and finding a place near the office at a reasonable cost is extremely difficult, look at the nearby areas.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Night life in Windsor was not that bad, it is no university campus/city, but there are a good selection of bars and clubs.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The company puts on many events throughout the year, and you won't struggle in finding someone looking to play a round of golf. You will also find that the majority of the staff at Golfbreaks are into all sorts of sports.