1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year, and I enjoyed working in such a vibrant company on a daily basis for 13 months. Rarely ever a rainy day in the office- always smiles!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Golfbreaks.com truely is like a family, everyone is so eager to help one another out- I almost felt it was an act at the beginning, nevertheless they proved me wrong!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As with the above whereever I have requried assistance management and other peers are keen to co-operate and provide you help and answers as soon as possible
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There are busy and quiet spells in this industry, however on the rare occassion we are in a quieter month Golfbreaks.com has proven there is always still things to do - and even more exciting an opportunity to gain experience in other departments!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Where we manage clients bookings and decision are left in our hands I would propose both our contribution and responsibility are high
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My communication and organisation skills have accelerated this year- I've matured and have learnt how to get the ideal response in the appropriate manner
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The laughter rarely ever stops!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Where the company has employed placements students year on year now they are extremely good at managing students and offer the same opportunities as full timers!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
When asked it I could spend time in the Marketing department, my manager really worked to get me there to ensure I gained as much as possible from my placement year
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Alot of internal job opportunities are advertised
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Really good workforce
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Windsor is a fairly expensive location being near London - but worth every penny
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good bars in the area- so close to London and other cities, there is not alot to do
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The staff as a whole socialise alot outside of work as a friendship groups- lots going on