8.2/10

204 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

I was under the supervision and sitting adjacent to a trainee solicitor who provided me with tasks to do, all of which she would be doing herself in my absence. Therefore I was experiencing the work of a trainee! Tasks involved research, drafting letters and filing forms.

2. Really enjoyed myself - working as part of the team who welcomed me and gave me real work to do.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. Everybody was so friendly and accommodating that I felt like I had been working there for years.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. The trainee I was sitting with was very helpful and supportive

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. I learnt some useful information and developed a few skills.

10. Structure was very impressive, so that there was never a spare moment and I got the most out of my time there.

12. I had a really fun and fulfilling week!

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. A lot of preparation time went into it i could see, and all staff were prepared to give me their time.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. It was good experience as I was sitting with a trainee and doing trainee work and so it was good experience of what life as a trainee would be like.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. Really experienced first hand the culture of the firm.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. The breadth of work ensured I was exposed to lots of different issues and it really helped confirm my interest in the department I was sitting in.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I was paid a reasonable amount for the week's work.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. There was a lunch one day where we could mingle with other employees.

26. Difficult to speak to many people as we were sat down, furthermore not a huge amount of people were there.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. I found out about all the activities available and was even invited to play Netball!

30. I definitely would.