IS Services Analyst at Experian

Clapham Central London and City
Information Technology

9.1/10

9.7

Responsible for ensuring that users of IS systems (i.e. Siebel CRM) are provided the best possible service to ensure they can gain business benefit. Working as part of the Services team which is responsible for end user support, management reporting and training programme. Also involved in project work of benefit to the Services team and the IS department, which could range from change management to technical innovation to reporting improvements to training strategies.

My daily duties never become tiresome and there was always something challenging to take on. My progression in the role is fast paced, only possible throught the great training I received.

The company culture at Experian QAS is outstanding. Everyone is extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help you, even in different departments.

My manager takes an active role in my development. I am treated like a normal employee, receiving a 3, 6 and 12 month appraisal to ensure I grow and develop with the company.

There is always plenty to do in the IS Services team and this is managed well between all 6 of my team members. We escalate workloads between us if someone is working on a project or providing training to new starters.
At the end of each month we get pretty hectic as the sales teams are processing orders to meet deadlines and this often causes an increase in our workload.

I am encouraged to take on projects and individual tasks, whilst also working as part of a team on many things which require us all to have an input. The responsibility definitely grows with your knowledge in the placement.

The skills I have developed on my placement will definitely help me through my career. Being my first employment in a professional office environment has definitely helped, along with time management, dealing with pressure and having responsibility will all contribute to a successful future.

Of course the atmosphere is serious in a professional working environment, although the team and the other departments are all friendly and approachable.

Taking on 7 placement students a year, Experian QAS are well polished at their placement offerings. We were all treated as normal employees with the same responsibilities/benefits and were welcomed into the company through the normal induction day and company welcome meetings.

I want to get the most out of my placement year and I feel like Experian QAS want me to too. The head of the company, Stuart Johnston agreed that the goal of a placement student is for them to return to the company if they are successful in their placement.
It is for this reason that I believe the company invests in its placement students, often providing training across many aspects of the company. I even recived legal and sales training to ensure I understood the various aspects of the business.

I really hope there is a chance for me to return to the company and job role when finishing my placement and final year at university.

We are all outgoing and often spend social time within our teams. I think this is great as it builds the team working environment. I would however, like to socialise more with the fellow placement students. The induction was a great way to meet all of the other placments.

The costs of socialising was much cheaper than I thought for central london bar/restaurant prices!
I chose to live local to my workplace which was expensive as it is a nice area. I ended up paying more than other placements but they have to pay to commute to work whereas I dont. Plus I get the benefits of making my way home after socialising on a friday night in the local!

The bars/pubs/clubs in the local area are excellent. Also within walking or a very short bus/tube ride are a whole range of places to go out. The Brixton academy for gigs, the local bars/restaruants/clubs for a local night out or some of the random places in Clapham Junction like the Clapham Grande, an old theatre converted into a cheesy club! A bit of something for everyone I think!

Experian QAS' charity of the year encouraged people to take part in fund raising activities. Pub quizes, mountaineering expeditions, bike rides, football matches, all in the aid of charity.