Carrying out internal control assessments for business areas with operational losses
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an excellent experience with a very well structured training program. My colleagues were very friendly and supportive.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given early responsibility and relied upon to deliver value-adding tasks.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I found that senior management were always keen to answer my questions when approached, and they also expressed an active interest in me and my placement.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There were periods where I had little to do and some times where I was working under pressure.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
My line manager trusted my ability to deliver and gave me a good amount of responsibilty.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
gained a lot of discipline and hard working work ethic
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The floor was understood the importance of completing designated tasks in a relaxed atmosphere
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
On the whole, it worked very well. My line manager had a schedule for the organised events and appreciated the importance of the experience in networking with as many business areas as possible over the 9 weeks.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Initial training was excellent, as it taught the basics of the financial markets and the trade flow process. Also received training on Excel and developing soft skills.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
A very friendly and ambitious organisation which really does invest in its interns and graduates to help them achieve their best.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The interns got together on a regular basis for nights out and drinks.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was ok, as I live in London. They contributed towards the cost of living, which was very helpful. Liverpool Street has a few pubs and bars which are decently priced.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not much of a club scene, but many bars and restaurants.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were intern socials, organised by the bank aswell events organised by other interns