HR Industrial Placement at Tulip Ltd

Bodmin, Cornwall Nationwide
Food and Drink

8.4/10

8.6

My daily tasks were to work on my projetcs over the year, whether that be on my own doing research, or going to visit othe sites in order to meet with people. I would aslo have ad hoc duties to work on in order to support my team and help with their work loads. Thorugh my project work I also became a key contact for the Site HR teams to contact if they had any questions or queries.

I really enjoyed my placement with Tulip. Right from day one I was given huge projects to work on and lots of responsibility. My placement allowed me to develop lots of new skills and improve existing ones. I got to work with a wide range of people, travel to new sites and develop a wider business awareness.

Throughout my placement I felt very valued from my colleagues. I was always given the support and help I needed. My colleagues were able to work with me throughout my projects ensuring they developed to become the best they coudl be, offering me constructive feedback and praise when necessary.

Throughout my placement I was given lots of support and guidance from everyone I worked with. I worked within a really small team, all of whom were a great support during my placement. I knew that if I had any questions or queries I could always go to them for help. I always recieved feedback for my work for how well something has wokred or how I could further improve my projects. This worked really well in order to develop myself and learn form others.

On a day to day basis I was fairly busy, I always had a few projects to work on at any one time. I also worked on ad hoc duties in order to support the team during our busy periods. If I did find myself with little to do, it never took long for some work to come my way!

I was given lots of responsibility during my placement, working on projects which would be rolled out across the group, thats going to 20 sites! Some of my projects involved dealing with sensitive information whcih allowed me to get stuck in with a project, but

The skills I have learnt and developed during my placement are skills which I can carry forward and utilise during my final year at University and in future employment. These skills have given me a great foundation in order to be successful in the future.

I sat in a communal office with lots of different departments. There was a great atmosphere with lots of laughs and banter. When the Group HR team got together we always had laugh, ensuring our work got done in a happy environment.

Right from day 1 I was given lots of projects and opportunity to work on throughout my placement. My manager ensured I understood what Tulip does, bya rranging visits at other sites and tours on the factory to gain an undertsanding of our farm to fork process.

Throughout my placement I was given projects which varied and would allow me to use and develop different skills, from planning and organising, to presenting, to usuing and enhancing my technical skills. I was able to work with a wide variety of people allowing mwe to utilise and learn from their skills, knwoeldge and expertise!

Tulip has a lot to offer. Working on my projects I have seen the amount of opportunity people have with the company to personally develop and to develop their careers. I would love the chance to return and work with Tulip after my final year at university as I believe I owuld have great prospects for a successful career.

At Tulip many colleagues are friends inside and outside of work. There was always soemthing going on or someone who wanted to do something so weekends were never dull!

Living in Cornwall for a year was great! The cost of living is very reasonable, with lots to do on the weekends.

Cornwall is an area known for its natural beauty rather than nightlife. Where I lived there were lots of pubs and a nightclub, but I was in easy access of Plymouth, Newquay and Truro if I was after somethng a little different or busier.

Cornwall is buzzing with activities outside of work. There is a lot to do, from going to the beach to so some surfing, to going on walks, to visiting art galleries, theres something for everyone.

More reviews from Tulip Ltd