Summer Vacation Scheme at Shoosmiths

Milton Keynes South East
Commercial Law

8.0/10

A tailored insight into the role of a trainee solicitor in a large commercial law firm.

I found it to be a very enjoyable experience that re-affirmed my desire to pursue a legal career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

I was welcomed into the team and made to feel involved immediately. I also attended several team meetings etc...

Any task I was given during my placement was explained well and I was given prompt and beneficial feedback on work.

The work I was given helped me see how law comes to life in practice and cemented a lot of knowledge I gained at university.

From start to finish everything was thought out and planned meticulously. At no point was I unsure of what I was supposed to be doing.

The atmosphere in the office is open and friendly and every member of staff was very approachable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Shoosmiths

The firm invested in me to the extent that people were willing to take time out of their own busy schedules to offer me advice and pointers.

All the tasks I was given were based on real trainee solicitor work. So in this sense the insight was most useful.

The firm was very clear from the outset in outlining it's service-orientated culture.

It was an invaluable experience that, combined with other legal experience I have gained, has confirmed my intention to pursue a legal career.

I was paid £50 per day.

All members of staff were approachable and friendly and there was ample opportunity to meet them and get an insight into their particular roles.

The social event opportunities were relaxed and enjoyable. We were treated to lunch twice over the course of the week.

The firm places a great deal of importance on corporate responsibility and explained a lot of its activities and functions in great detail.

I would definitely recommend this experience to any friend of mine considering a career with a commercial law firm.