Vacation Placement at Shoosmiths

Birmingham West Midlands
Administration/Secretarial Banking - Commercial Business Management Legal/Law

9.9/10

There were various tasks that I was able to get involved in. I did research, administrative tasks, sat in on client calls, undertook presentations. There were also more technical legal tasks, including updating a company share register which obviously required more guidance.

It was an absoloutely fantastic overall experience. My tasks were varied, everyone was incredibly friendly and approachable and not at any point did I feel a burden.

I was made to feel a valued member of the team from day 1. I was included in everything. As soon as I arrived various team members made the effort to update me on their work and I was invited to every social event - they were also very enjoyable!

There was no one that I feel I wasn't able to approach. Any questions that I asked were fully answered and everyone always made me feel totally at ease to ask more questions if needed.

There was not one activity which I repeated during my time, there was so much variation which made the experience even more fun and worthwhile.

Overall, it was very well structured. The only improvement that could be noted for the structure is for the placement to be longer!

Exactly how Shoosmiths claims to be. Fun, professional, unstuffy, approachable. Absolutely fantastic experience and loved every minute of it.

Everyone was more than happy to involve me in all of their activities.

People were happy to sit and chat to me about general life at the firm and what their different roles involve.

It was exactly what they claim the culture to be. I went in with incredibly high expectations - these were exceeded tenfold!

Very helpful. I was abel to get involved with lots of different types of tasks which meant that I gained a very varied insight into what life as a lawyer will be like.

The placement was fairly paid and all expenses were covered too. This was great although I did not undertake the placement for the purpose of earning money.

There were many out of office opportunities to get involved with and which offered a great chance to meet members of the extended team.

Great! Everyone was happy to chat to me and answer all the questions I threw at them! It was interesting to gain knowledge about the type of work that other people got involved with in other departments.

During general chats I was informed about lots of things, and some of my tasks even involved helping to plan and organise such events.

I could not recommend a more brilliant opporunity. The work was fantastic, everyday was different, people were all approachable, friendly. The atmosphere was unstuffy and I felt like I fitted in perfectly. I also gained positive feedback at the end of the week.