Perform a bank reconciliation
Map TB to stat pack
Perform tests using sampling spreadsheets to determine sample sizes for testing
Document and complet lead schedules using MyClient
Interact with client to request data to allow the sampling process to continue
Meet with client to discuss discrepancies, and areas of confusion
Request bank statements, emails of debtor/creditor confirmation, and documentation of contractual agreements
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very informative and hands-on. PwC made a great effort to give us a well rounded and enjoyable experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have found all members of my client teams very friendly and eager to help, and take an interest in my work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Whilst all the work undertaken was part of an actual audit, lots of guidance and help was given when needed.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Internship was a little bit slow to begin with but after the first couple of weeks i felt fully integrated as a member of the team and enjoyed completing tasks without supervision.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibilty was entrusted to me from an early stage in the internship, although help was always available and the asking of questions throughout was openly encouraged.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship help with motivation and organisational skills.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very friendly office, good open layout, managers and staff sit together. Very good sense of community.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised 8 weeks, alot of effort had gone into the intership to ensure it was a very positive experience.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time was invested in the interns throughout the 8 weeks, several days were spent in training to be able to use specialist software.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have been offered a permanent job providing i achieve a 2:1
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had many socials together, and i still keep in touch with most of the interns from my office.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
East Midlands is not an expensive area to live, many consists of small towns
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nottingham 15 minute drive, good nightlife near by
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Company has many different sports clubs, and a very active charity team