Student placement in chemical synthesis at Hazelwood at Lubrizol

Hazelwood East Midlands
Chemistry

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

9.1/10

As a student chemist you will be part of a diverse and innovative group of scientists generating new ideas and applications that impact Lubrizol business worldwide. You will use your creativity and problem solving skills to discover novel chemistries and new technologies. You will be expected to work on the synthesis, process development and screen testing of a wide variety of speciality chemicals (engine additives).

Lubrizol is a really nice company to work for.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

Everybody in this company is really nice and they are always glad to help you.

My supervisor was always here when I needed some help from him. He gave me a lot of advice about how to improve myself during meetings or in the lab

I organized myself to have the perfect balance of work everyday.

My responsabilitie during my placement was to talk during some meetings, ...

I learn a lot in theritical chemistry, but also in the area of how to organize myself to be more efficient. I participate also to some meetings and talks where I was supposed to speak about my project.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I was with four other students in my office who worked on different projects, but this allowed us to develop a real friendship.

It was seamless.

I had a lot of training like for example communication training, safety training, ...

Some full timers were students before I arrived, so yes there is some future employement prospects.

The atmosphere between the students was really good. I am going to keep contact with a lot of them.

The cost of living and socialisong in Derby is not expensive.

I lived in Derby, and there is the possibility to go out if you want to.

There is a lot of activities outside of work like climbing, volley ball, football, ...