Business Support Student at Lubrizol

Hazelwood, Derby East Midlands
Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management Market Research Marketing

Lubrizol is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Providing commercial support to the Specialities team by:
-Updating product literature
-Supporting external and internal conferences
-Organising literature for global colleagues
-Performing primary and secondary market research
-Performing segmentation, positioning and targeting activities.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

I was a real member of the team and was made to feel as though my job was valued from day one.

I worked with a large amount of different people from a lot of different cultures including weekly phonecalls to the USA and regular visits from colleagues in Germany, Spain, France and Hungary.

I was given support whenever it was needed and this was based upon my needs therefore I could choose to stand on my own feet. This allowed me to learn from mistakes and my managers were very keen for me to try new things and further my development.

I was given a large amount of jobs to do ranging from small tasks to large projects stretching over the year.
At times, work became scarce due to the amount of travelling other team members did however I was able to bring this up with my manager and this got quickly sorted out.

I was given responsibility over my own project and allowed to manage global and zonal tasks.

I was given the opportunity to do a wide variety of tasks and tested many skills through real life negotiations, presentations, project leadership and digital marketing experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 3 roles at Lubrizol

There was always food and people going for coffee and bouncing ideas off each other.

The technical nature of the company sometimes made it quite difficult to keep up but the team enjoys a laugh and appreciates the human element of work life.

I also had the opportunity to go for a few meals with work in order to get to know people on a social basis.

Thanks to previous students laying down a clear structure, this tends to be a very well supported placement with clear objectives built in to it.

The company has the opportunity for training and I took part in that online learning about project management.

Everyone on site is very generous with time and is willing to teach you anything you need to know if you put some time in their diary.

Senior members of staff also have time for students and are willing to impart widsom if you ask for it.

None of the previous students have been hired full time with the organisation though this is mainly because the marketing department is still growing.

There are about 20 students on site meaning there is a lot of potential to make friends outside of work and socialise.

I have made some great friends during my year who I will be sure to stay in contact with.

It is fairly cheap however it is a medium sized city therefore some places are expensive. If you choose the correct establishments then you can have a cheap night though.

Derby is not an amazing night out but there is still quite a bit of variety.

There was a sport going on pretty much every night of the week and the sports and social club organises many events during the year including:
-paintballing