Associate at PwC

Nottingham East Midlands

PwC is a Top Employer

9.0/10

Being part of several audit teams that went out to clients to plan, execute and review Assurance engagements. This would involve performing audit tests, interacting with client and team staff and producing reports on work completed.

Had a fantastic year with a lot of good experience and qualifications gained which will really help me progress my career.

There was always a lot of discussion between the team, and I always felt that my view was considered just as much as any other member of the team.

I was assigned a buddy from the start of the placement, and as well as being able to communicate freely with that individual, the managers of my various teams for clients were always willing to give advice and support.

I had enough work to feel busy at all times but not so much that I felt snowed under.

I was never given any more responsibility than I felt that I could handle, but at one point I did actually take control of an assurance engagement at one particular client.

I completed nine out of the fifteen exams required to become a Chartered Accountant. This means that I have started my career already, as am part qualified and can continue where I left off rather than start from fresh.

Fairly quiet and relaxed.

Full explanation from day one, with correspondance throughout the entire year.

Paid for my training and exams for the professional qualification ACA.

Have been offered a job and will return as a second year graduate.

Social scene was good, with us getting together at least once a month for a night out, and more than a few times a month just for a drink after work.

Relatively cheap for a city. and did not feel at any point that I was unable to socialise due to the costs.

Nottingham has a good range of nightlife, ranging from casual bars to crazy nightclubs.

Opportunities were widespread and varied, examples would be mentoring college students, sports team and helping at a local school.