Checking Inventory Levels of Warehouse and making sure stocked items are available
Creating sales comparison reports for Management
Helping out with training to outside companies
General support to the Marketing team
Updating Marketing Literature
Creating promotional items
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Good job with plenty of variety, some tasks a little tedious but all good experience
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very welcoming and very nice people, not just within my team but across the company
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Great support never felt like I couldn't ask for help or that I couldn't ask more than once, very understanding
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days were busy others were not, a lot of internal requests from own team
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given projects that were of a high responsibility but just enough and not too much
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have gained so much insight and knowldge to the way in which a business works and was given the chance to develop in many areas, such as presenting to the board of directors as part of the student mentor project, I have also furthered my knowledge in excel and how to work effectively within a team
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A good atmosphere, people were chatty but also gave you time to work
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Well organised, things prepared in advance and a mentoring scheme set up
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Company induction, online training, hand over training with previous student, train the trainer course, put in a reverse mentoring scheme with other students in the other office
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would like to but only one job for an Undergraduate, no graduate scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Went out on nights out with people from the company, no other fellow students in this office
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Overpayed on my rent but plenty of other places to rent cheaply
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good nightlife as close to UCLAN to student themed nights
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?