Field Trials Assistant at BASF

Science/Research

7.7/10

8.6

4.8

Assessing and developing plant protection products. This involved assessing the products effects on various crops, applying and measuring correct amounts of chemicals, vehicle maintanace, and general admin duties.

This placement really opened my eyes to the multitude of options available for graduating biosciences students.

The team was very small (only 15 people) and I could not have asked for a friendly group of people to work with.

All the staff were very good at their jobs and were able to guide and answer any questions I had throughout my placement.

Sometimes a little busy, but there was always help available when I needed it.

All the placement students were given a great deal of responsibility, which really made all of us feel like part of the team.

It didn't utilise any laboratory skills, but I learned other skills and gained qualifications in a knew area, which I think is just as valuble.

Everyone was great to work with, but as with all jobs there were some stressfull moments when trying to adhere to deadlines (especially as these deadlines were very weather dependant).

I always had something constructive to be doing and I was given project time within working hours.

I was put through 2 spraying qualifications.

Due to the small team it would require someone to leave for me to be employed.

We were quite spread out accomadation wise so didn't go out very regularly, but when we did it was fantastic.

Pretty average.

I was based in a village but the nearest down was pretty good for nightlife.

The students organised most events.