Scientist at GSK

6.3/10

6.7
7.4

4.2

Work on ongoing projects as well as working on individual project for university, mainly lab based work.

Due to the current climate there were many redundancies ongoing which affected the mood of employees and the resulted in a lower workload for students. However, the skills learnt throughout the year have helped immensley in ongoing university studies.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at GSK

Colleagues placed a lot of trust in me and i was able to conduct a lot of work independantly.

The people i worked with were very directive, not specifically managment but members of my team.

During some weeks when studies were ongoing i was very busy but for the majority of the time i had a lot of time to do what i needed to in the day.

I was given quite a lot of responsibility but only given the training and previous supervision to check i was competent.

I feel like the skills i have learnt are invaluable, particuarly in gaining confidence in presenting and working independantly.

Everybody was very friendly

Training was very organised and all in place before we arrived

We were given a lot of opportunity to move between sites and see anything we thought would benefit our learning.

We recieved an appraisal at the end of out placement year

Students mixed well and depending on team, colleagues and students also mixed

£400 per month, bills not included

It was a very quiet town

In terms of sports there were many oppurtunities but social events had to be organised individually