Spring Insight at HSBC

Banking/Finance

HSBC is a Top Employer

10.0/10

Spring Insight

I am not really in a good place to say it is the best insight ever since I haven't done those in other companies, but I have a strong positive feeling about the HSBC one. I really enjoyed the Spring insight.

I felt valued and important.

We received detailed dayplans, lots of emails clarifying everything so I never felt like I did not know what was happening next.

I really got lots of information about the banking sector and learnt about networking etiquette, how to read ft etc.

The structure was based on different departments within HSBC, it was clear and useful.

It was sometimes tense given questions were always have to be asked and we had a small test, but otherwise atmosphere was fine.

To great extent, both in monetary and non-monetary terms.

I got an insight into the industry, I wish I could have done some shadowing, I believe this would have been helpful.

Dining and networking with company members showed me the culture of the company.

I decided what I would like to do next summer during the insight week so I guess this was one step towards finding my career path and I am thankful for that.

Every day there were multiple chances to network

The atmosphere was good, venues were suitable.

During dinner last day we had an opportunity to ask non-business related opportunities. This was a good chance to find out what else the employees were involved in.

Definitely.