Spring Programme at HSBC

Banking - Investment Banking/Finance

HSBC is a Top Employer

9.4/10

9.7

Networking, listening to presentations and group work

I found it very informative and exciting.

They invest a lot into the next generation and I felt at home and comfortable.

All questions were answered fully.

The information tailored to HSBC was priceless because experiencing the environment could not be found just from the website.

Although it was only 3 days long, I felt it was structured in such a way as to provide the maximum utility to participants, complete with networking sessions and presentations of different parts of the bank.

The employees and other students were very polite and the atmosphere was friendly.

They invested a lot of time and reimbursed me for travel which was very kind.

The insight programme explained the way to progress to full time employment thoroughly and I could experience the working environment first hand.

Talking to the employees at networking sessions was very useful in understanding company culture.

I am now sure I would like to take up a career in banking, preferable HSBC!

My travel was relatively expensive so this reimbursement was useful.

2 out of the 3 days had networking sessions in the evening and the day which didn't have evening networking had a lunch time opportunity to network.

There was a good ration of employees to students.

They do have interesting lives outside of work which appeals to me as I believe a work-life balance is important.

I would recommend it to all friends interested in a finance career.